When should one refrain from using a mandibular advancement device (MAD)?
MADs may not be suitable for you if you:
- have a protruding lower jaw or if your overbite is too pronounced,
- suffer from jaw pain, loose teeth, serious gum disease or temporomandibular joint disorder, or any other jaw-related issues,
- have chronic asthma or epilepsy,
- have braces, dentures, dental bridges, dental crowns, or removable dental prostheses, or any issues regarding your upper or lower front teeth,
- are under 18 years of age.
Should one or more of these options apply to you, please consult your dentist or contact us via E-mail prior to purchasing a MAD. You can reach us at email@example.com.